Do Not Hire a Sales Dud

Do Not Hire a Sales Dud

Hiring a sales rep

Before you interview another sales rep, you have to realize that you are on an uphill battle to find someone that wants to succeed and can follow some coaching. Historical data shows that only 10 percent of sales people can earn their keep and produce a produce for their company. You will need to filter out the other 90 percent to avoid bogging down your sales funnel with under performers. Fortunately, you can improve your chances to hire a sales rep that positively contributes to the bottom line by consulting recruiting firms.

When you can leverage recruitment agencies
that concentrate solely on finding the best candidates, your chances to hire a sales rep with the right skills and ambition naturally increase. In the U.S., 30 percent or more are not going to hit their monthly quotas, effectively costing their companies money. You can avoid this predicament and the issues of high turnover by better managing the recruiting process from end to end. By using recruiters, you can more effectively filter out less than desirable candidates and retain someone that is a good fit for your industry.

To find one of the numerous executive search firms that are effective at help you hire a sales rep, you should do some preliminary research to find the right fit for your business. You can potentially get excellent recommendations from industry or association colleagues, but a tight hiring market could make that harder and harder. Alternatively, you can use linkedin and other networking sites to generate referrals for recruitment firms.

By using your network to narrow down potential recruiting firms, you can quickly identify an executive search firm that is more narrowly focused on your segment of the industry. By concentrating on a specific industry or specialization recruitment firms are better prepared to present candidates even quicker. When they have a database of potential candidates already in their system, it will make the process more efficient in the long run.

As you narrow down your list of potential recruiters, you should look at the specific comments to determine how their clients characterized their recruiting and hiring process. Generally, this may feature reviews from both employees and client companies that have used the recruiting agencies to fill similar positions. You can use this information to follow up with specific questions about the process and their screening capabilities.

One of the greatest benefits of using a sales recruiting firm is that will eliminate most of the candidates for you. It is in their interest to screen everyone in their quest to only present the best candidates. Fortunately this process also means you will be able to schedule fewer interviews to hire a sales rep. Choosing a good recruiting firm will speed up your process to find quality salespeople and insure your continued sales growth. Helpful research also found here: salesforcesearch.com

Share This : twittermailby feather

Leave a Reply